Goa is a popular tourist destination in India known for its beautiful beaches, vibrant nightlife, and rich cultural heritage. While it is generally associated with winter vacations, there are several reasons why you should consider visiting Goa in the summer as well.
1. Lower prices:
During the summer months, tourist traffic to Goa is lower compared to the winter season, which means you can save money on flights, accommodation, and activities. Many hotels and resorts offer attractive discounts and packages during this time.
That’s a great point! In addition to lower prices on flights, accommodation, and activities, the lower tourist traffic during the summer months also means that you can enjoy a more peaceful and less crowded vacation experience. This provides an opportunity to explore the popular tourist spots in Goa without having to battle your way through throngs of people. Additionally, lower prices on dining and shopping can also be found during the off-season, allowing you to stretch your vacation budget further. It’s worth noting that the monsoon season does bring rain and humidity to the area, but if you enjoy cooler weather, this can be a welcome change from the heat of the summer. Overall, taking advantage of the lower prices during the summer months in Goa can be a great way to experience this beautiful destination without breaking the bank.
2. Adventure activities:
Summer is the perfect time for adventure seekers to indulge in water sports such as jet skiing, parasailing, and banana boat rides. The sea is relatively calm, making it ideal for swimming, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
For those looking for a more thrilling experience, there are also activities like white-water rafting, bungee jumping, and zip-lining, which are popular amongst adventure enthusiasts. These activities usually take place in the mountains or dense forests where participants can enjoy the natural scenery and challenge themselves physically.
White-water rafting is an exhilarating activity that involves navigating down a river on a sturdy inflatable raft while battling rapids and strong currents. This activity requires teamwork and communication between all participants and is an excellent way to bond with friends or family while enjoying some adrenaline-pumping fun.
Bungee jumping is another popular activity that involves jumping off a high platform while attached to a bungee cord. This activity requires a certain level of courage and is not for the faint-hearted. However, the thrill of free-falling and bouncing back up is an unforgettable experience.
Zip-lining is a perfect activity for those who want to enjoy the scenery from a different perspective. Participants propel themselves along a cable while attached to a harness, allowing them to glide over treetops and valleys. This activity is ideal for nature lovers who want to experience the beautiful landscapes and wildlife from a unique perspective.
In conclusion, adventure activities are a great way to enjoy the summer season while challenging oneself physically and mentally. With a variety of options available, there is something for everyone, whether you are a water sports enthusiast or a mountain lover.
3. Festivals and events:
Summer is the time when Goa comes alive with music festivals, cultural events, and food fairs. The most popular event in Goa during the summer is Sao Joao, a traditional Goan festival celebrated in June with water sports, feasting, and merrymaking.
Apart from Sao Joao, there are several other festivals and events that take place in Goa during the summer season. Some of them are:
- Goa Food and Cultural Festival: This is a three-day event held in Panaji, the capital city of Goa. The festival showcases the state’s culinary and cultural heritage, with several food stalls and cultural performances held throughout the event.
- Goa International Jazz Live Festival: This festival features some of the finest jazz musicians from India and around the world. The festival is usually held in the month of February in Panaji and attracts music lovers from across the country.
- Goa Cashew and Coconut Festival: As the name suggests, this festival celebrates two of Goa’s most popular produce – cashews and coconuts. The festival is held in the month of May and features several stalls selling different cashew and coconut-based products.
- Feast of St. Anthony: This is a unique celebration held in the village of Siolim in North Goa. The festival is held in June and involves a procession of villagers carrying a statue of St. Anthony through the streets.
- Goa Carnival: Although the Goa Carnival is held in February, it is an event worth mentioning. The carnival is a four-day event that involves colorful parades, street performances, and lots of music and dance.
These are just a few examples of the festivals and events that take place in Goa during the summer season. Each event offers a unique glimpse into Goa’s rich culture and heritage and is definitely worth experiencing.
4. Off-season perks:
Since it is the off-season in Goa, you can enjoy more peaceful and quieter beaches with fewer crowds. You can also explore the local markets and attractions at your leisure without having to deal with long queues and waiting times.
Additionally, the off-season in Goa offers some unique opportunities that you might not get during peak season. For example, you can witness the beautiful monsoon season that starts in June and lasts till September, during which the entire state is covered in lush greenery and the waterfalls are in full flow. This is also a great time for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts to explore the trekking trails and water sports activities that are available in the region.
Moreover, since the demand for accommodation and activities is lower during the off-season, you can often find great deals and discounts on hotels, resorts, and other packages. This means that you can enjoy a luxurious stay or indulge in activities that might have been beyond your budget during peak season.
You Can Also Check : Top 10 Best Packers And Movers In Ghaziabad
Finally, if you are interested in experiencing the cultural side of Goa, the off-season can be the perfect time to do so. You can attend local festivals and events, interact with the locals, and learn about their traditions and customs without being rushed or overwhelmed by the crowds.
In conclusion, the off-season in Goa offers a unique and tranquil experience that is different from the bustling atmosphere of peak season. From serene beaches to adventurous activities, there’s something for everyone to enjoy during this time of the year.
5. Monsoon magic:
Goa’s monsoon season starts in June and lasts till September, bringing lush greenery and scenic beauty to the region. The rains transform the landscape into a paradise, making it a great time for nature walks, trekking, and exploring the waterfalls.
To add more detail to the topic, here are some specific activities and places to explore during the monsoon season in Goa:
- Dudhsagar Waterfalls: One of the most popular tourist attractions in Goa, Dudhsagar Waterfalls are a must-visit during monsoon. The waterfall is located in the Bhagwan Mahaveer Sanctuary and Mollem National Park and is surrounded by lush green forests.
- Spice plantations: Go on a guided tour of a spice plantation during monsoon and witness the spices in their full glory. You can taste fresh spices and learn about their medicinal properties.
- Crocodile watching: The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary in Goa is the perfect place to go crocodile watching during monsoon. The sanctuary is home to a vast variety of bird species and is surrounded by mangrove forests.
- Trekking: Monsoon is the perfect time to go trekking in Goa. You can explore the Western Ghats and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.
- Visit the beaches: Although swimming may be prohibited during monsoon, the beaches in Goa are still a great place to visit during this season. You can enjoy the scenic beauty of the beaches and try some local monsoon delicacies like bhajjis and chai.
In conclusion, while summer may not be the peak season to visit Goa, it offers unique experiences and advantages that make it worth considering. Whether you’re looking for adventure, culture, or relaxation, Goa has something to offer all year round. You can Book Goa Tour Packages From Delhi For Couples On Epic Trips, Professional Planners For Your Vacations.